Case example: allergic skin reactions
The patient was a female in her 20s presenting with the following complaints:
- Allergic reactions triggered by foods, environmental factors, etc. leading to:
- Red inflamed skin, itchy, dry, bumpy
- Swollen face, breathing problems
- Abdominal pain, bloating, intolerance to many kinds of foods
- Headaches, neck and shoulder pain and stiffness
- Occasional difficulty urinating, irregular or loose bowels
Prior to treatment the skin flares were frequent and could lead to steroids being used to calm the outbreak.
Treatment began January 2017 with beginning of improvement after about a month and continued improvement so that by 2-3 months skin was much clearer and by the summer skin was much better and use of steroids only rarely if at all needed. The following images represent a change in the condition of the skin over this period of treatment.
In addition to improvements in the skin there have been improvements in digestion, less bloating and pain, improved ability to tolerate a much wider range of foods. There is less fatigue, sleep is better, headaches and neck pain is better.
Treatment began with acupuncture and then herbal formulas were added, sometimes as granules and sometimes as ground bulk herbs to be boiled up.
At the time of writing we still treat periodically and there have been some minor relapses but overall improvements have held.